Ever wanted to make your own wontons? Here's how!
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 3 green onions
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/c dry breadcrumbs
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup snow peas in pod
- 6 mini bok choy, separated into leaves
- shrimp, cooked
- green onion, chopped into small pieces for garnish
- cutting board and knife
- food processor
- small bowl of water for dipping fingers
- soup pot
To make wontons
- Place onion, cabbage, mushrooms and carrots into a food processor and pulse until it's shredded and mixed through. Place in a bowl.
- Add ground pork, egg, breadcrumbs, sesame oil and soy sauce, and mix thoroughly.
- Lay out wonton wrappers and place 1 tsp of filling into each wrapper. Dip your finger into water and wet the edges. Fold into a triangle, then wet your finger again and dab on the two bottom corners; fold each inwards.
- Repeat until done. Freeze and leftover filling for later use.
To make soup
- Add broth, water, soy sauce and sesame oil to large stockpot. Cook on high until it begins to boil; lower the temperature to low.
- Add the snow peas and bok choy, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the wontons and cook until the pork is no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion or add cooked shrimp for extra flavour.
This is my girls' fav recipe to make. It's a fun recipe to make with kids—lots of small chopping jobs and easy steps to complete.