Wild Rice and Fish
Great as a stuffing or just to bake with your favourite fish.
- Your favourite filets of fish, such as rainbow trout or cod
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 tsp (20 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) curry powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked wild rice
- measuring cups and spoons
- frying pan and wooden spoon
- baking sheet
- Sauté celery and onions in butter on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Mix in bread crumbs, lemon peel, lemon juice, parsley, salt, curry, pepper, and cooked wild rice.
- Bake with your favourite fish by mounding spoonfuls on top of filets, or use as a stuffing. Bake at 375° F for 15-17 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with a side of vegetables or salad for a balanced meal!
Helpful note: Cook the wild rice in 3 parts water and 1 part rice for 45 minutes.
Wild rice grows in the shallow, sheltered lakes and streams of Northen Saskatchewan.