Whole Wheat Raspberry Pancakes
This is one of Michael Eckford's favourite weekend recipes. Try it!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Raspberries (frozen work) to taste
- Maple syrup
- bacon (optional)
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 2 mixing bowls (1 for dry ingredients, 1 for wet ingredients)
- mixing spoon
- nonstick skillet or griddle
- Mix together the dry ingredients, make a well in the center and set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients and pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Mix until combined but still a bit "lumpy".
- Stir in raspberries and cook, flipping once until brown on both sides. If you use frozen raspberries, it slows the cooking time so leave them on a little longer to make sure they cook through.
- Pour on some syrup, and if you're feeling decadent fry up some bacon and enjoy!
I served these pancakes with Chef David Robertson's warm berry compote recipe, also found on this website.
Ally Gallop 16 May 2012, at 12:08 pm