White Bean and Feta Hummus
Mix up your hummus with this tasty feta and white bean alternative everyone will love!
- I can (14 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 Tbsp or 30 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano
- 125 grams (4 oz) feta cheese, crumbled (we used Macedonian feta for a creamier texture)
- fresh basil or oregano sprig to garnish
- Can opener
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Garlic crusher
- Food processor
- Small serving bowl
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and garnish with fresh basil or oregano.
- Serve with raw veggies.
Variation: Spread 2-3 tablespoons of hummus on a tortilla and roll up. Cut each tortilla into three small pieces.