Just in time for Christmas baking here's a quick recipe for shortbread.
- 1 cup soft butter (don't substitute)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- maraschino cherry pieces or coloured sugar (optional)
- measuring cups
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- 2 spoons or 1 ice cream scoop
- 2 cookie sheets
- oven mitts
- flat spatula
- Cream butter and sugar. Add cornstarch and flour and beat for 10 minutes.
- Drop from small spoon or an ice cream scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Decorate with maraschino cherry pieces or coloured sugar if you wish.
- Bake at 350° F for about 10–12 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned.
This recipe doubles well.
Hi is the butter salted or unsalted? Thanks.
CP 11 December 2012, at 5:26 pm
The butter is unsalted. Thanks for double checking.
Better Together 10 January 2013, at 11:52 am