Ready in just five minutes, the whole family will come running when they smell this cooking!
- 1 apple, washed (we like the thin skin and firm texture of Ambrosia apples)
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Yogurt or ice cream (optional)
- Roasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- Oat flakes (optional)
- Cutting board
- Apple slicer or kitchen knife
- Bowl (microwave safe)
- Use an apple slicer and/or kitchen knife to cut the apple into slices or bite-size chunks.
- Place apple pieces in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and cook again in 15-second increments until the apple is tender but not mushy (typically another 30-45 seconds)
- Ready to serve!
- It's also a great topping for yogurt or ice cream with a sprinkling of roasted sunflower seeds and/or oat flakes.
The recipe can be easily doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled. You just need a longer cooking time and a bigger bowl.
Peel and cut the apple into long slices and these apples are perfect as a baby-led weaning first food!