Warm Berry Compote
Delicious served with Chef David Robertson's recipe for Lemon Basil Crêpes.
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tsp water)
- measuring cups and spoons
- small saucepan
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice and honey.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the saucepan and then add the bean. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the honey (about 2 minutes).
- Add the blueberries and blackberries and cook for another minute.
- Gently fold in the raspberries. Stir in the cornstarch/water mixture and gently simmer the compote until slightly thickened.
- Discard the vanilla bean and serve warm.