Veggie Shepherd's Pie
Leftover mashed potatoes? Veggie Shepherd's Pie is a quick and tasty way to use them up!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 pkgs of veggie ground round (340 grams x 2)
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 2 pkgs of "Club House" Shepherd's Pie seasoning mix (plus required water according to package instructions)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- cutting board and knife
- large skillet
- measuring cup
- spatula or wooden spoon
- 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until onions are soft, about 8 min.
- Add ground round and garlic to same skillet. Sauté over medium-high heat until ground round is all broken up and warm, about 5 min.
- Mix in seasoning and water. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 5 min.
- Add vegetables; simmer until just tender, about 5 min longer. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- Spoon Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes over, covering completely.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 min.