Veggie and Cheese Muffins
This savoury muffin is a hit at meal or snack time!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups any veggies (such as grated carrot, grated zucchini, diced mushrooms, diced bell peppers or chopped spinach)
- muffin tin
- measuring cups and spoons
- cheese grater
- chopping knife
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- mixing spoon
- whisk or fork
- toothpick to test for doneness
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease muffin pan.
- Sift and stir flour, baking powder, and salt together. Mix in veggies and cheese.
- Pour oil and milk into a bowl, add the eggs, and whisk it all together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and pour in the liquid. Mix until just combined, giving you a thick batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tray. Bake for 15–20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
- Remove tray from oven, and cool muffins in tray for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.
You can use one or more of any veggie you have, such as grated carrot, grated zucchini, diced mushrooms, diced bell peppers or chopped spinach.
They freeze really well, so are great to have on hand to add to meals and snacks.