Vegetable Thai Curry
A savoury way to serve vegetables—and it's easier than you think!
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped ginger (large chunks)
- 1 stalk chopped lemongrass (cut in 3 or 4 pieces)
- 1 Thai chili pepper (optional)
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp red or green curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups of your favourite spring vegetables (chopped)
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cups cooked rice
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- pot for the curry
- slotted spoon
- wooden spoon
- pot for the rice
- Add the broth, ginger, lemongrass, garlic and chili pepper to the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes on medium/high heat.
- Remove the lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chili pepper from the broth with a slotted spoon.
- Add the curry paste and stir.
- Add the chopped vegetables. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk. Stir everything together until blended, and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lime and cilantro (optional).
- Serve with cooked rice.