Sweet potato, carrots & leek baked with cheese and topped with a dollop of yogurt mustard sauce makes a simple, yummy side dish.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 leek, white part only
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) lightly packed grated Swiss or cheddar cheese, about 5 oz (140 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain Greek-style or Balkan yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- measuring cup and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- vegetable peeler
- 2 bowls
- 9" pie plate
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grate sweet potato and measure out 3 cups (750 mL). Grate carrot and measure out 1 cup (250 mL). Squeeze both dry with paper towels and place in a bowl.
- Thinly slice leek and add to grated vegetables. Toss all with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Stir into grated veggies. Stir in cheese.
- Press into a greased 9 in (23 cm) pie plate. Bake in centre of oven until deep golden, 35–45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir yogurt with mustard. When galette is baked, let cool 5 minutes. Slice into wedges, top each with a dollop of yogurt sauce, and serve.