Vanilla Custard Fruit Tart
Worried about dietary restrictions? Take this fresh and flavorful summer fruit tart to your next social event.
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- FOR THE CUSTARD
- sugar-free vanilla custard mix
- 2 cups oat beverage
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- FRUIT TOPPINGS
- blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, crushed pineapple
- measuring cups and spoons
- food processor
- plastic wrap
- 9" pie plate
- cutting board and knife
- Grind almonds to a fine flour and measure out 1-1/2 cups into a big bowl.
- Add arrowroot starch, maple syrup, softened coconut oil, sea salt and vanilla to the bowl and mix to form dough.
- Place in plastic wrap to chill in fridge for 15 minuntes.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Add 1-3/4 cup oat beverage to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside 1/4 oat beverage in a bowl.
- To the 1/4 oat beverage add 2 Tbsp maple syrup and vanilla custard mix and stir well.
- Add vanilla custard mix slowly to boiling milk until it thickens, then chill.
- Roll out chilled dough to 1/8" thick, and place into pie plate. Be sure to chill before baking for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled off from baking, assemble tart by adding vanilla custard to tart shell, then adding sliced fruit toppings of choice and enjoy:)