Light and fluffy vanilla cupcakes—great dessert and easy to make! Especially good with frosting!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick) room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream (you can use yogurt)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- measuring cups and spoons
- stand mixer with bowl
- rubber spatula or spoons for stirring
- cupcake/muffin pan
- cupcake liners
- toothpick or skewer for testing doneness
- wire rack for cooling cupcakes
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line standard muffin/cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
- Add butter, sour cream, egg and egg yolks, and vanilla; beat at medium speed until smooth and satiny, about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula and mix by hand until smooth and no flour pockets remain.
- Divide batter evenly among cups of prepared tin. Bake until cupcake tops are pale gold and toothpick or skewer inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from tin and transfer to wire rack; cool cupcakes to room temperature before frosting.