Trail Mix Cookies
An easier way to snack on your favourite trail mix combo.
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup rolled oats, blended into oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup coconut or brown sugar
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¾ Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 1 Tbsp ground flax + 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ Tbsp vanilla
- measuring cups and spoons
- 2 mixing bowls (large and medium)
- mixing spoon
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Mix together the ground flax and water in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- In the medium mixing bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scoop out the batter into balls on a lined baking sheet and use your palm to smash the cookies down slightly into small mounds.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the bottom.
These cookies will be delicate when they first come out of the oven so let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cool.