Tomato Basil Goat Cheese Tart
A super simple appetizer that dazzles and tastes amazing!
- 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6–8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8–12 Campari tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- measuring cup and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- pastry brush
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400º F.
- On a clean work surface, lay out the sheet of puff pastry and cut a ½” strip off of each side of the rectangle. Brush the outside of the puff pastry rectangle with the egg white and cut ½” strip to fit around as a border.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and pierce the pastry all over with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven to cool for 10 minutes.
- Brush Dijon mustard over the inside surface of the tart. Place basil leaves on top of the mustard and arrange tomato halves on top of the basil leaves. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the tomatoes and scatter goat cheese on top.
- Season the tart with salt and return to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.