A colourful and tasty classic that is a great addition to your holiday baking
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups of non-hydrogenated soft margarine or butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp vanilla
- jam of your choice
- coconut or nuts for rolling cookies
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowl
- 2 small bowls
- cookie sheet
- Mix all ingredients together except egg whites.
- Once mixed, roll into small balls.
- Gently whisk egg whites with fork.
- Coat each cookie ball in egg white wash, then roll in coconut or crushed nuts.
- Grease cookie sheet. Place cookies on sheet and make a dent in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake at 325° F for 15-17 minutes.
- Once cool, fill dent with jam.