The Best Brownies
Gooey, chewy melt in your mouth brownies!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 2 Tbsp cream
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Small pot
- large mixing bowl
- 9x13in baking pan
- 1 small microwave safe bowl
- Butterknife for cutting brownies
For the Brownies:
- Melt butter and cocoa in a small pot. Stir until melted.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until frothy.
- Add sugar, flour, walnuts and salt, but don't stir yet!
- Pour butter and cocoa mixture into flour mixture bowl and stir all together.
- Use spatula to scrape sides of bowl.
- Pour into 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to check if done - toothpick should come out clean with no batter on it.
For the Icing:
- Place 1 cup of dark chocolate chunks or chips into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add cream and stir.
- Heat in microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted.
- Pour over brownies and spread, or drizzle in fun designs.
- Let cool before cutting into 35-40 squares.