Spice up pizza night with this fun recipe!
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 3/4 lb (375 g) extra lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 Tbsp (30 mL) taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 4 (6-7”/15-18 cm) whole wheat pita breads
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup (50 mL to 75 mL) taco sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded tex-mex cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) guacamole (your own or store-bought), optional
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sour cream, optional
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
- baking sheets
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add seasoning and water, and stir until combined. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened; cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 475° F (230° C).
- Place pita bread on two baking sheets.
- Spread taco sauce over each pita bread. Top with meat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until bread is golden brown and crisp.
- Top pizzas with remaining ingredients in order given.