A cookie classic that’s almost too pretty to eat….almost.
- 14 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract if you don't have vanilla beans)
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- measuring cups and spoons
- parchment paper
- rolling pin
- cookie cutters
- cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla bean paste together until creamy.
- Add one egg and mix.
- Add flour and salt and mix.
- Remove dough from the bowl and place on a large sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and using a rolling pin, flatten the cookie dough.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Use cookie cutter to cut shapes from rolled cookie batter.
- Place cookies on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze cookies for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Decorate any way that you like! (I chose to decorate my cookies to suit the theme of a Pride and Prejudice party!)