Strawberry Apple Butter
Love the sounds of this Kids Take The Kitchen recipe submission!
- 3/4 cup strawberries (stems removed)
- 2 apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4–1/2 tsp cinnamon
- blender or food processor
- measuring cups/spoons
- stirring spoons
- jar (for storage)
- Purée together the apples and strawberries until smooth in your food processor or blender.
- Pour apple and strawberry mixture into a pot and mix in honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to simmer and continue to stir every 4-5 minutes or so.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into jar (if canning, do your canning thing), and allow to cool.
- Store in the fridge.