(Smashed) Bean Dip
This creamy and light dip can be whipped up in 10 minutes!
- 1 can white kidney or cannellini beans (540 mL)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Can opener
- Blender or food processor
- Serving bowl
- Drain beans and add to blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Scoop into serving bowl.
- Offer pita triangles or raw vegetables for dipping.
Optional directions (if you don’t have a blender or food processor)
- Add drained beans to a large, re-sealable bag, then seal.
- Use a rolling pin or a water bottle to smash the beans.
- Add remaining ingredients to bean mixture, re-seal bag, and squish bag to finish mixing before scooping into serving bowl*.
*Note: The mixture will not be as smooth as the blender method, but it is a fun activity that provides kids with more hands-on practice in the kitchen.