Smarties™ Happy Cookies
These cookies bring big smiles to little faces!
- 2/3 cup soft margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Smarties™ to decorate
- Two mixing bowls
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Two cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Electric mixer or large spoon for mixing
- Sieve or sifter
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with oil, butter, or margarine.
- Cream together margarine and sugar, then beat in the egg and stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and soda, then mix in the oats.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just blended.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon on cookie sheets 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Decorate with Smarties ™.
- Bake for about 7–8 minutes.