Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Delicious side to any dinner!
- 2 lbs russet or red potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup of milk or cream
- 1 head roasted garlic (glaze with olive oil, wrap in foil, bake in oven at 400° F for 20-30 min)
- 1 large pot
- potato masher
- small and large bowl
- Peel potatoes and chop into 2-inch by 2-inch pieces.
- Place in big pot and cover with water (up to 1 inch above the potatoes).
- Boil for approximately 10 min (until soft).
- While potatoes boil, blend the roasted garlic with 1/4 of milk or cream in a small bowl.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and place in a large bowl.
- Mash them with the butter, the garlic puree and the remaining milk or cream.
Makes a great topper for Veggie Shepherd's Pie!