Renee and Deya's Supreme Chocolate Lava Cakes
A quick, chocolatey dessert, and oh so fun to make and eat (especially with friends!)
- 6 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- Garnish ideas: fruit, ice cream, whipped cream, powdered sugar
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowl
- 5–6 small ramekins (3.5–4")
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease ramekins with butter.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a saucepan over low heat until both are melted. Be sure to keep stirring. Once melted, set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla together.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cooled, slowly add the egg mixture. Be sure to whisk the chocolate mixture as you slowly add the egg mixture. Once it is all mixed, whisk in the flour.
- Pour the chocolate batter evenly into 5-6 ramekins. Fill ramekins about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes until the sides of the cakes are set, but the inside is still molten.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. You can eat the lava cake out of the ramekin or you can invert the ramekin on a serving plate.
- Garnish with fruit, ice cream, whipped cream or powdered sugar.