Quinoa and Sweet Potato Cakes
A great vegetarian alternative!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup sprouted green lentils
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp Bragg sprinkle seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato, more if needed
- salsa or other condiments of your choice to taste
- baking sheet
- measuring cups & spoons
- medium bowl
- mixing spoon
- parchment paper
- Cook quinoa and lentils separately according to package instructions.
- Drain lentils well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together quinoa, lentils, red pepper, onion, seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add sweet potato and combine using hands until mixture sticks together easily.
- If mixture is not sticking together, add more cooked sweet potato until desired consistency is reached.
- Form the mixture into four (4-inch) patties and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes. Flip and continue baking 10 to 12 minutes more until edges are dry and patties are heated through.
- Serve with salsa or your favorite condiments.