Quick and Easy Roasted Pepper Pasta
How do you get everyone to say 'Mamma Mia' with each bite? Simply whip up this quick and easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta!
- ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp shallot, chopped
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1 cup fresh peas
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- measuring cups and spoons
- cheese grater
- cutting board and knife
- food processor or blender
- large pot
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- In a food processor or blender, combine roasted red peppers, ground almonds, red wine vinegar, Parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes, shallot, salt and pepper. Blend until well chopped.
- Add olive oil and blend until smooth. Cover and let stand until ready to dress pasta.
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook fusilli until tender. In the last 2 minutes of cooking the pasta, add fresh peas and cook until both are tender. Drain well and place pasta and peas in a large serving bowl.
- While pasta is still warm, toss with prepared sauce. Top pasta with crumbled ricotta cheese and garnish with basil leaves.