We suspect the whole family will happily dig in when these quesadillas are served!
- 4 6" White corn tortillas (or whichever type you prefer)
- 1 cup grated cheese (your choice, though don't be afraid to mix more than one type)
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- Salsa (for dipping)
- Sour cream (for dipping)
- cheese grater
- measuring cup
- sautee or frying pan
- Heat non-stick pan to medium and place one tortilla down.
- Spread 1/4 cup of cheese onto tortilla, then a thin single layer of apple slices and then another 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Top with another tortilla.
- When the cheese starts to melt (about 1 minute), flip the tortillas and cook the other side.
- Tortillas should be slightly browned on both sides.
- Cut and serve with salsa, dips, etc.
This recipe is very flexible for the fussy to the sophisticated. Add rosemary and pepper, swap out the apples for some ham or chicken or add some small diced peppers or onions and cilantro. Everyone in the family can have their own custom quesadilla for dinner.