This pumpkin soup is perfect for those chilly winter evenings!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin purée*
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Medium pot
- Mixing spoon
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Melt the butter in the pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Add the pumpkin, stock, and paste. Stir well. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the soup thickens (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Serve warm with grated cheese on top.
*Make your own Pumpkin Purée insead of using canned.
If you want to bring out a sweeter taste, replace the cumin with 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar.