Poor Man's Welsh Rarebit and Beans
Hard to go wrong with this classic!
- 6 slices bread
- 150 g cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1 can British style baked beans
- salt and pepper
- baking pan lined with foil
- cutting board and knife
- microwave-safe bowl
- Lightly toast bread and transfer to a foil-lined baking pan.
- Slice cheese to cover toast completely.
- Slice tomato thinly and divide equally over cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil in oven until cheese is just melted.
- Scoop beans into bowl and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring after two minutes.
- Transfer rarebits to plates and pour beans over them.