Pear & Chocolate Cream Bread Pudding
This bread pudding is fit for the holiday table! So easy, yet luscious...quite simply, the best.
- 4 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2-quart casserole dish
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- large bowl
- mixing spoon
- smaller bowl
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix pears, chocolate, cream cheese bits and bread in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together milk, half-and-half, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over the bread mixture nd stir well. Scrape into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until puffed, set and golden Serve warm with ice cream.