Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies
A great baking project for little hands.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowls
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the margarine or butter, sugar, and brown sugar. When combined, mix in the milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the powdered sugar and peanut butter with a spoon or your hands. When ingredients are incorporated, add the chocolate chips and knead further with your hands to incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take about a 2 or 3 tablespoons of the chocolate dough in your hand, and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball on the parchment paper to form a disk. Take a pinch or about 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture and place in the center of the disk. Fold the edges of the disk up and over the peanut butter, pressing the seams together. Place the cookie seam-side down on the parchment paper to bake.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.