Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes
A simple, delicious pasta dish when tomatoes are in season.
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 heads of garlic, unpeeled
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- pasta of your choice
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- basil (optional)
- cutting board and knife
- baking tray
- large pot to boil pasta
- Place tomatoes (cut in halves) on a baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle well with salt and pepper. Roast until tomatoes are browned and wrinkled, about 30 minutes. Roast the garlic heads at the same time.
- Boil the pasta while the tomatoes and garlic roast.
- Toss cooked pasta with tomatoes, soft garlic pressed from the head, olive oil, salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil and cheese. Assembling this pasta is that simple! Enjoy!