Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
An easy side dish or snack to make together
- 3 large zucchinis - about 1.5 lbs
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking oil spray
- knife and cutting board
- 2 shallow dishes
- wire rack
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut zucchini in half crosswise; cut each half lengthwise into 8 wedges.
- In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Panko, cheese, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs.
- In small batches, dip zucchini wedges in the egg mixture, then dredge with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place zucchini on a wire rack coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat zucchini with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce, such as marinara sauce.