Children will love making this tasty snack!
- 350 grams paneer
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp (divided) red chili powder
- 1 cup besan flour (chickpea flour)
- 2 Tbsp rice flour
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leves)
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch baking soda
- ½–1 cup water
- oil, as required, to coat the air fryer
- kitchen cloth
- cutting board and knife
- measuring cups and spoons
- wooden spoon
- air fryer or oven
- Press the paneer slab with a kitchen cloth to get rid of excess moisture.
- Cut the paneer in small cubes or rectangles.
- Make cuts in the paneer and sprinkle chaat masala + 1 tsp of red chili powder inside.
- Mix second tsp of the red chili powder and remaining dry ingredients (including garlic ginger paste) in a bowl.
- Add water and make a slightly thick, smooth batter.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Dip paneer pieces in the batter until they are well coated.
- Place the pieces in air fryer at 360° F for 6–10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or a sweet tamarind chutney.