Orange Pecan Delight
Cooking these cookies with little ones is a joy for all!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans
- Wooden spoon
- Microplaner or other fine grater
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream the butter and the sugars together.
- Add the eggs and orange rind and beat well.
- Stir in the sour cream and blend in the sifted ingredients gradually.
- Add the nuts and drop the batter in rounded spoonfuls on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.