Orange, Beets, and Fennel Salad
Delicious salad ready in minutes!
- 6 small beets
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar (2 Tbsp for beets + 2 Tbsp for dressing)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- to taste salt & pepper
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cups salad mix
- 2 whole navel oranges
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 stalks of green onions
- vegetable peeler
- cutting board & knife
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- roasting pan or baking sheet
- aluminum foil
- glass jar
- serving bowl or platter
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Peel the beets, cut them in half and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Pour 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, and water over beets and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on the baking sheet, cover with foil, and bake until tender for 40-45 min.
Add olive oil, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard to the glass jar; mix thoroughly until all ingredients are combined.
- When beets are cool, slice each half into wedges.
- Peel and cut oranges in half-moon slices.
- Slice fennel bulb in half, take out core, and slice fennel into small strips.
- Chop green onions.
- Arrange vegetables and fruits on salad greens.
- Add dressing right before serving.