One Pot Broccoli and Three Cheese Pasta
Scrumptious family weeknight favourite!
- 1/2 lb (250 g) orecchiette, or other short pasta
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 medium lemon, zest only (finely zest with a grater or microplane)
- 60 g goat cheese (chèvre)
- 100 g cheddar, thinly sliced
- 150 g mascarpone
- 1 cup (250 mL) cream (whipping cream)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250 grams (1/2 lbs) broccoli, cut into florets and small pieces (if using the stem peel and cut into very small pieces, no larger than 10 cm)
- 1 cup peas, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1/4 tsp red pepper chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste if desired
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, plus more to taste if desired
- measuring cups and spoons
- zester or microplane
- cutting board and knife
- 1 large pot
- Put pasta, garlic, lemon zest, goat's cheese, cheddar, mascarpone, cream, water and olive oil into a large pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and add broccoli and peas. Season lightly with salt and pepper and chili flakes if using.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente and sauce is reduced (sauce will continue to reduce as pot cools).