Nourishing Chocolate Quinoa Bowl
In need of a bowl of comfort in the morning? This will hit that chocolate-y spot!
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup coconut beverage or almond beverage (ideally calcium fortified, unsweetened)
- 1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1–2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- toppings: fruit and/or chocolate
- measuring cups and spoons
- small pot
- stirring spoon
- 2 bowls
- In a small pot, combine quinoa and coconut/almond beverage. Heat on high until it begins to boil then reduce heat to low to medium-low so mixture continues to simmer uncovered. Stir every few minutes. Cook for 25 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through and tender. Mixture will be soft with some moisture (similar to porridge).
- Once cooked, add cocoa, maple syrup, and salt. Stir through and cook for another 1-2 minutes to warm ingredients through.
- Add more coconut/almond beverage if you prefer your cereal thinner. Add more maple syrup if you prefer it to be sweeter or more cocoa if you like it chocolatey.
- Portion into 2 bowls. Add favourite toppings.