Noah Cantor's Homemade Pasta
Nothing beats freshly made pasta!
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- splash of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- large bowl (optional)
- measuring cup
- plastic wrap
- pasta machine for rolling out the pasta
- Mix ingredients together in large bowl. Alternatively, just pour the flour onto a clean surface, and create a well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs into the well. Start scooping the flour into the well and mix together.
- When the dough is formed kneed it on a floured surface until the dough is smooth. If the dough feels sticky, add a little more flour and kneed again.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest for about an hour.
- Pound it out and start rolling out the dough. Each time the dough passes through the machine, dust it with flour and fold it before passing through the machine again. Drop the rollers to a narrower setting each time you run the dough through, until the pasta is the thickness you like.
Kids will love running the dough through the pasta machine. Noah recommends serving this with tomato sauce made from a can of tomatoes (chop up the tomatoes with a hand blender), diced onion and garlic sauteed in olive oil, and simmered together with bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.