No Bake Protein Bites
You know that feeling when you’re craving something sweet & salty...? These no- bake protein bites are perfect!
- 1 cup dry oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanila extract
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter (+2–3 Tbsp if you find your mix is a bit dry)
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowl
- air-tight storage container
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. I add peanut butter last so I can gauge if I need to add more. Use your hands to knead the mix and hep get all of the ingredients to stick together.
- Cool the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes. (This will help the bites hold their shape.)
- When chilled, scoop small handfuls and shape into balls, either by squeezing the mixture in one hand or by rolling with two. Depending on the texture of your mix one methond may work better than the other.
- Place on a plate or in a dish as you make the balls. When you've rolled all of the mixture, pop the bites into an air-tight container and store in the fridge. Enjoy throughout the week for a healthy, yummy snack!