A tasty and filling complete meal in a shell!
- 8-10 manicotti shells
- 450 g (1 lb.) extra lean ground turkey/beef/chicken
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tsp.dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup (1/2 a 15oz container) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 jar (650mL) spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- large pot for boiling water & manicotti noodles
- wax paper
- paper towels
- large skillet
- large bowl
- 2 L rectangular baking dish
- Cook shells according to package directions; rinse, drain & cool in a single layer on waxed paper. Cover with moist paper towels.
- Meanwhile, brown ground meat in skillet over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces; drain well.
- Drain thawed spinach well; place on paper towels & squeeze until almost dry. In a bowl, combine spinach with browned meat, Italian seasoning & ricotta cheese; mix until well blended. Stuff each shell with filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 3/4 c. spaghetti sauce into a lightly greased 2 L. rectangular baking dish. Arrange stuffed shells over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over shells. (May be baked at this time or placed in refrigerator for several hours & baked later.)
- Cover & bake for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover; sprinkle with Provolone cheese & bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.