The French take on the iconic grilled cheese sandwich, simple enough for young chefs to make.
- bread slices
- ham slices
- eggs (if making a croque-madame)
- butter knife
- cheese grater
- baking pan
- frying pan and spatula (if making a croque-madame)
- Butter a slice of bread.
- Top with a slice of ham.
- Shred the cheese and place on top of the ham.
- Top with another slice of bread.
- Butter the top of the bread slice.
- Top with more shredded cheese.
- Place on a baking pan and bake for 5 minutes.
To make a croque-madame add a fried egg on top of the grilled sandwich.