Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos
This easy recipe for BBQ Chicken Nachos, piled high with all the fixings are scrumptious. Get ready for love at first bite.
- 4 cups chicken breast, roasted and shredded
- barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- tortilla chips
- 2½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- tomatoes, chopped
- jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- sour cream
- measuring cups and spoons
- medium saucepan
- wooden spoon
- baking sheet
- aluminum foil
- non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, lime juice, cumin and chili powder over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Spread a single layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet and top with half the chicken mixture and 1¼ cups cheese. Place another layer of chips over cheese and top with remaining chicken and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown. Garnish nachos with chopped tomatoes, jalapeños and barbeque sauce. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.