Lila's Apricot Almond Granola Bars
The hardest part about this recipe is waiting an hour for the bars to set!
- 1/2 cup almond butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup granola
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- vegetable oil for greasing
- 1-cup measure, 1/2-cup measure and 1/4 teaspoon measure
- small saucepan
- mixing bowl
- plastic wrap
- 8 x 8" (or similar size) square baking pan or dish
- Put almond butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until they melt together; whisk to combine.
- Put crispy rice cereal, granola, almonds, apricots and salt in a bowl and add the mixture of almond butter and honey; stir well to combine.
- Grease a 7- or 8-inch square baking dish with a little oil and line it with plastic wrap. Spread the granola mixture evenly into the dish, pressing down gently, and cover with more plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until set, at least one hour. Once set, remove by lifting the edges of the plastic wrap out of the dish; peel off the plastic and cut the bars to any size you like.