Lentil Power Cookies
Chock-full of tasty ingredients!
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup banana, mashed OR ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup green lentils, canned or cooked*
- 1 cup whole wheat flour OR 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup large flake oats
- ⅓ cup almonds, sliced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- ½ cup chocolate chips**
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- measuring cups and spoons
- large and medium-sized bowls
- mixing spoon
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Stir in lentils.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Place a spoonful of cookie batter onto the lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cookies cool before enjoying.
*If you are cooking your own lentils, boil them in water for 30 minutes and let them cool before adding to remaining ingredients.
**If you are not a fan of chocolate and prefer coconut, substitute 1/2 cup of shredded coconut for the chocolate chips.