Lentil & Chickpea Dhal
You can't make dinner faster than this delicious dhal!
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 cup korma curry paste
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 250 mL coconut milk
- oil for sautéeing
- cutting board and knife
- can opener
- large saucepan
- Chop onion and grate ginger.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and ginger and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until aromatic, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils, chickpeas and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Serve with yoghurt and naan bread.
Looks great. I am going to try it! Thanks
lisa 29 July 2011, at 7:03 pm