Lemon Basil Crêpes
Delicious served with Chef David Robertson's recipe for Warm Berry Compote.
- 2 eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) milk
- 20 mL (4 tsp) melted unsalted butter
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) flour
- 1/2 lemon—zest only
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) fresh basil (julienne about 6 leaves)
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) butter, room temperature, for cooking
- measuring cups and spoons
- zester or fine grater
- cutting board and knife
- medium-sized bowl
- non-stick pan
- small ladle
- spatula for flipping the crêpe
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, milk, melted butter, and flour. Whisk together until mixture is smooth and free of lumps. The batter should be the consistency of cold heavy cream. Add the lemon zest and basil.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium/high heat. When the pan is hot, brush it with a little butter. Use a ladle (about 3 Tbsp.) to put the batter into the center of the pan. Tilt the pan from left to right to cover the entire surface.
- Cook the crêpe until edges begin to brown and then flip the crêpe over to cook the other side. Remove from the pan.