Kia7a Annie's Sweet and Sour Moose Meatballs
Kia7a Annie teaches how to make yummy Sweet and Sour Moose Meatballs at the Splatsin Tsm7aksaltn Teaching Centre
- 1 1/2 lbs ground moose meat
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 onion minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 green peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- large mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- large cookie sheet
- tin foil
- cutting board and knife
- can opener
- large saucepan for making sauce
- meat thermometer
- oven mitts
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large mixing bowl, blend together beef, eggs, 1 tsp corn starch, onion, pepper, nutmeg, salt, garlic.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Place on tin foil-lined cookie sheet and place in oven .
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350° F or until cooked through (74° C on a meat thermometer).
- In large saucepan, add remaining corn starch, soya sauce, vinegar, water and brown sugar to pineapple juice.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cooked meatballs, fruit and green peppers.
- Cook 5 minutes until fruit is well heated.