Don't worry about finding holly or cedar for your centrepiece...here's a quick (and tasty!) wreath for your holiday table.
- 1.5 L (6 cups) kale
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) chopped red bell pepper
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) flax oil
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) lite tamari soy sauce
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) sesame seeds
- measuring cups and spoons
- chef's knife and cutting board
- large saucepan with lid
- steamer basket or insert
- tongs or spoon
- Pour water into the bottom of the pot with the steamer basket.
- Finely chop kale and put in steamer with the bell pepper. Cover and steam until the pepper is tender-crisp.
- Measure the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and seeds into the bowl.
- Warm the platter under hot running water. Dry.
- Toss the cooked vegetables in the bowl and turn the mixture out onto the platter.
- Arrange the kale into a wreath on the platter, leaving a hole in the centre.