Kale Pesto Pasta
One of our family-favourite ways everyone enjoys kale!
- Your favourite pasta (we love rotini)
- 2 bunches of kale
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ice cubes
- 2 large pots
- Chopping knife
- Cutting Board
- Cheese grater
- Food processor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Put salted water on to boil for the pasta and cook per pasta directions.
- Fill the second pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Wash and remove stems of the kale.
- Once water is boiling, blanch kale for 1 minute; drain and chill under ice water; drain well and pat dry.
- Chop kale, walnuts, and garlic; grate cheese.
- In a food processor, pulse together kale, walnuts, cheese, and garlic until coarsely ground.
- Pulse in oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir pesto into your cooked pasta or use as a sauce on pizza crust.
Kids in the kitchen? Ours love washing the kale and ripping the leaves off the stems!